Important Things to Remember When Blogging:
- Use of good keyword phrases in the Title of your blog post (don’t make it too long though)
- Keyword repetition throughout the content of the blog post
- Use keyword phrases as Anchor Links in the content that link to other blog posts on your blog or on another website –
- To create an anchor link , first highlight the word or phrase you want to make a link. Then click the icon that looks like this:
A box will appear that has the following options:
Link URL: The link URL is the most important: that is where the keyword phrase will direct readers.
Target: The Target gives you two options – open link in same window or open in a new window.
Title: The title is a good place to put the keyword phrase you are highlighting (or a unique keyword phrase if you’re making a picture a link).
Class: Don’t worry about the Class option.
- Become familiar with the icons B I ABC etc.
- Clicking on the Icon at the end (Show/Hide Kitchen Sink) can be helpful too:
It looks like this:
And will make the options look like this:
- Experiment, practice and don’t be afraid to Publish – not many will see your initial work anyway! To “Publish” click on the icon on the right of the screen: