December 21, 2009
LOL – well, I “scheduled” the blog post and then never actually filled out the content!
Here’s a quick step by step on…
How to Schedule Blog Posts in WordPress
Step 1 Write content 🙂
This was one of the things I’d forgotten to do.
Step 2 Decide when you want the article to post to the public.
I generally prefer in the morning and avoid weekends.
Step 3 Schedule the post.
In the right corner of the WordPress Editing template, you’ll see a box that looks like this:
I’ve already published this post.
If I wanted to reschedule the post, I could click on the Edit link next to the date the blog was published.
Step 4 Click the blue Schedule button that will appear after you enter in the appropriate date and time.
Was this helpful?
December 14, 2009
Guest Posting 101
Find Blogs you want to guest post on – look for subscribers, look for lots of comments, and look for Google Page Rank, make sure it shares your target audience
Send emails to the appropriate people (owner of the blog, manager, etc.) Personalize the message
Start writing a blog post on your own blog – appropriate formatting, bio section, images, and 2-3 links to your site KEYWORD PHRASES, not your domain name!
Once the post is formatted and complete, click on HTML in your blog editor, copy the code and paste in a Notepad (Start menu, Accessories, Notepad)
Save the Notepad file and attach to an email for the guest post!
Repeat this process over and over again!
Read more about blogging here: The Professional Blogger’s Checklist
December 7, 2009
The purpose of this blog post is to give you suggestions on how to make your blog posts more easy to read, both for search engines and for readers.
It’s also to give you some step by steps on How to Use A WordPress Blog.
Some of the things I recommend when adding content to your blog.
- Use Numbered Lists: to do this click on the Icon that looks like this:
(found in the gray bar in the WordPress Editor)
- Use Bulleted Lists: like numbered lists, bulleted lists make it easy for readers to scan through the content.
To be or not to be, that is the question!
How to Add an Image:
- Click on the box next to Upload/Insert
How to Add Video:
- Open your blog editor.
- Decide where you want the video clip to go on your blog.
- Open up another window and go to Youtube.com
- Find the video you’d like to use on your blog.
- On the right side of the screen, you’ll see a URL box and an Embed box
- Click in the Embed box (it should highlight all the content)
- Push CTRL + C to copy that code
- Go back to your blog editor, find where you want the Video footage to go, then click the HTML Tab (found right below the title box on the right next to the Visual Tab)
- Paste the video code there and click Save Draft.
- Click Preview to see if the video code is where you want it to be.
Header Text (it’s good to use a keyword phrase here)
Use 250-700 words of content
- Simple and bold: content about this…
- Short paragraphs (not novels)
- Over 1000 words
- Downloadable or printable
- Bulleted lists
- Numbered lists
- ASK Questions! – this will encourage interaction with readers
For more information on Blogging, read these articles:
- Blogging 101 – Blogging Tips for Beginners
- Setting Blogging Goals
- Problogger Tips from Darren Rowse
- Why Subscribe to a Blog?
- Blogging for an eCommerce Business
- ProBlogging: 10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started
November 4, 2009
Content goes here!
- Commentary, Opinions, Controversial Topics, Comments on News Event, Personal Information/Issues:
- Don’t be too wordy!
- Use bullet points and numbered lists
- Keep your paragraphs scanable – not too long! 3-4 sentences per paragraph
- Use Pictures in EVERY POST
- Use video from time to time
- Use at least one link to another blog post you’ve written, one of your web pages, etc. – Deep Linking!
- Reference another blog post or credible article
I was reading an article by Tony Robins and he said this:
Quote goes here.
- Ads: Not many! Affiliate links, Google Adsense links, links you get from paid advertisers, market your own products!
- Photos: 1) our own photos 2) photos we find online (make sure we SOURCE where we get the information)
photo courtesy of
From your computer:
Content will wrap around the picture.
More content here.
- Videos: a) Go to YouTube. b) Type in a keyword phrase that has to do with what you’re talking about.
October 13, 2009
Content is typed in here just like in Microsoft Word.
I can type content here!
This is aligned left so that text wraps around the picture.
Here are keys to starting an online business:
1-3 links for every 500 words
How to Add Video
How to Schedule Blog Posts
May 19, 2009
Step 1: Use Keyword Phrases in your Title
Step 2: Add a Video:
Here I can type content. I want to make a link to my child care website.
Step 3: Adding a picture to my blog post:
Making a Blog Post Friendly:
- Use numbered lists
- Use Bold Text
- Use Quotes from other websites:
To be or not to be, that is the question.
- Use Bullet Points
- Like these
- And this
Use Header Fonts
Type in more content, blah blah blah!
Importance of Child Care