The purpose of this blog post is to give you suggestions on how to make your blog posts more easy to read, both for search engines and for readers.
It’s also to give you some step by steps on How to Use A WordPress Blog.
Some of the things I recommend when adding content to your blog.
- Use Numbered Lists: to do this click on the Icon that looks like this:
(found in the gray bar in the WordPress Editor)
- Use Bulleted Lists: like numbered lists, bulleted lists make it easy for readers to scan through the content.
To be or not to be, that is the question!
How to Add an Image:
- Click on the box next to Upload/Insert
How to Add Video:
- Open your blog editor.
- Decide where you want the video clip to go on your blog.
- Open up another window and go to Youtube.com
- Find the video you’d like to use on your blog.
- On the right side of the screen, you’ll see a URL box and an Embed box
- Click in the Embed box (it should highlight all the content)
- Push CTRL + C to copy that code
- Go back to your blog editor, find where you want the Video footage to go, then click the HTML Tab (found right below the title box on the right next to the Visual Tab)
- Paste the video code there and click Save Draft.
- Click Preview to see if the video code is where you want it to be.
Header Text (it’s good to use a keyword phrase here)
Use 250-700 words of content
- Simple and bold: content about this…
- Short paragraphs (not novels)
- Over 1000 words
- Downloadable or printable
- Bulleted lists
- Numbered lists
- ASK Questions! – this will encourage interaction with readers
For more information on Blogging, read these articles:
- Blogging 101 – Blogging Tips for Beginners
- Setting Blogging Goals
- Problogger Tips from Darren Rowse
- Why Subscribe to a Blog?
- Blogging for an eCommerce Business
- ProBlogging: 10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started